GETTING TO THE HOST HOTEL FROM LAGUARDIA AIRPORT
LaGuardia is across the East River in Queens. Fortunately, there are several options that meet almost any budget and circumstance.
The hotel is at 43rd Street and 8th Avenue.
1. Taxi- This is by far the easiest way to get from LGA to anywhere in Manhattan for up to a party of four, but of course it’s not the cheapest. According to rules set out by the New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission, for trips between (to and from) Manhattan and Laguardia Airport, the metered fare rate is approx $45.00 plus any tolls and of course, you should tip 15% to your driver. There are signs that will direct you to the taxi stands outside every terminal in the airport. There will be queues/lines of taxis waiting. If you fly into JFK at 5:00 PM (rush hour), anticipate traffic. Typically, it should take an hour or so. For more information, go to NYC Taxi and Limousine Commission's Website.
2. Uber or Lyft- This is a great way to travel, though it’s not inexpensive. About $55.
3. Airport Shuttles- Several Airport Shuttle companies exist. Proceed to the Ground Transportation desk to get information on where you catch your shuttle, or you can use one of the courtesy phones in the baggage claim area. There will be other passengers on the shuttle and you might have to wait for their drop off before the shuttle takes you to your destination. Prices are around $17 and more info is here.
4. Public Transportation - If you don't have a lot of luggage, can handle stairs, a fair amount of walking and have plenty of time, taking public transportation is an inexpensive way to get from LaGuardia to most places in New York City. It will cost you $5.50 per person after you pay $1.00 for a MetroCard. Here's a little step by step guide:
1. Purchase a MetroCard (Put 5.50 on it. That's 1 trip on the bus and 1 trip on the Subway)
2. At Terminals C or B, look for the M60 Limited Bus Stop. (If you are at Terminal D, just walk a couple of minutes)
3. After 4 stops, get off the bus at Hoyt Ave & 31st Street - Go up stairs, into the Astoria Blvd Subway Station.
4. Go up the stairs and board the yellow Manhattan bound N or W Subway train.
5. Get off at 42nd Street, Times Square. Walk to the hotel.
You'll have to haul your luggage up and down stairs several times and the trip is only 45 minutes, but if you're traveling on a budget and your luggage is light, this is an excellent way to get from LaGuardia Airport to Manhattan.