BE A SPEAKER!
The deadline to submit a speaker recording to our program committee is September 30th, 2021.
To those that have already submitted speaker recordings, our program committee will be reviewing all submissions. The program committee will present the Gay & Sober community board with their top 8 speakers. The board will then select 3 individuals to be the main speakers at all of the big meetings.
If you are selected, you will be contacted by the Program Chair. If you are picked and coming from far away and if travel and lodging is an issue, we can try to assist you with arrangements.
What qualifies someone to be considered to speak at the Big Meetings at the GSM Conference?
- One needs to be male or identify with the gay male community and be a member of the LGBT community.
- One must have at least *ten years of continuous sobriety in a 12-step program with a message of experience, strength, and hope.
- One may not have spoken within 6 months prior to the conference at another roundup, retreat or conference or be scheduled to speak within 3 months after the conference at another roundup, retreat or conference.
- We are accepting speakers from AA, NA, CMA, and AL-ANON.
- Please note that speakers are only allotted 35-40 min to speak at the meetings.
If you have alcohol and drugs in your story,
that is fine. You are welcome at GSM.
The GSM 2020 Program Team:
Landon C.H. from Knoxville, Tennessee is the Chair
Matthew H. from Raleigh, North Carolina is the Co-Chair
Charlie V. from New York, NY is the Speaker Coordinator
Michael K. from San Francisco is the Workshop Coordinator
*There will also be smaller, more intimate nightly marathon meetings during the conference. At those meetings, people with 90 days to one year sober and beyond will be speaking too. There will also be Peer-Support groups occurring during the conference.
Yes! We have thought of just about everything - and everyone.