BE A SPEAKER!
The deadline to submit a speaker recording to our program committee is September 30th, 2022.
To those that have already submitted speaker recordings, our program committee will be reviewing all submissions. The program committee will present the conference planning committee with their top 8 speakers. All speakers will be rated by the committee. Based on that, the conference chair and board will then select 3 individuals to be the main speakers at all of the big meetings.
If you are selected, you will be contacted by the Program Chair. If you are picked and coming from far away and if travel and lodging is an issue, we can try to assist you with arrangements.
What qualifies someone to be considered to speak at the Big Meetings at the GSM Conference?
- One needs to be male or identify with the gay male community and be a member of the LGBT community.
- One must have at least *five years of continuous sobriety in a 12-step program with a message of experience, strength, and hope.
- One may not have spoken within 6 months prior to the conference at another roundup, retreat or conference or be scheduled to speak within 3 months after the conference at another roundup, retreat or conference.
- We are accepting speakers to fill three categories:
1. An AA Meeting
2. A CMA or NA Meeting
3. A Double Winner's Meeting (AL-Anon and AA/CMA/NA)
- Please note that speakers are only allotted 35-40 min to speak at the meetings.
- We do not accept cassette tapes or CDs. Please use the button to email your digital recording as an attachment.
If you have alcohol and drugs in your story,
that is fine. You are welcome at GSM.
The Conference dates are June 22nd - 25th, 2023 in New York City.
*There will also be smaller, more intimate nightly marathon meetings during the conference. At those meetings, people with 90 days to one year sober and beyond will be speaking too. There will also be Peer-Support groups occurring during the conference.
Yes! We have thought of just about everything - and everyone.