The GSM Experience Meets
Best-In-Class Health Safety
- As of April 1st, 2021, all domestic travelers coming to New York State from other US states and territories will not need to self-quarantine.
- Effective April 12th, 2021, international travelers arriving to New York are no longer required to quarantine or be tested upon arrival even if they are unvaccinated. However, all participants and hotel guests need to be either fully vaccinated or provide proof of a recent negative COVID test.
- Effective May 5th, 2021, Upon check-in to the hotel and at the Registration tables, ALL PARTICIPANTS will need to show *proof of vaccination or a recent negative COVID test. No exceptions will be made. If you do not show test results, you will be sent down the street for a test and depending on your health insurance, you may be charged.
*proof means any official document, a white vaccination card, medical letter, or app from your state.
- Effective June 3rd, 2021, For those fully-vaccinated, masks are not required while at the host hotel. Social distancing for fully-vaccinated participants is not required while on hotel property. All fully vaccinated participants will not be required to social distance or wear a mask when outside or at offsite meeting venues. Guests that showed proof of a recent negative Covid test, but that are not fully-vaccinated are required to socially distance and wear a mask. Masks are still required when entering or riding the Subway.
- Effective June 17th, 2021, All participants checking in at the Registration tables will need to provide proof of being fully-vaccinated OR a recent negative Covid test. Gay & Sober will have you sign a waiver. And a list of all participants that checked in will be provided to The Westin. If you do not provide proof, you will not be given a registration packet and conference wristband. We will send you to City MD on west 42nd street to get a rapid test and after you get your results, you may retrieve you packet, sign the waiver and then check into the hotel.
In preparation for GSM 202ONE and The Pride Celebration, we've spent months learning from leading medical and public health professionals to create a Healthy and Safety program that is based on the most effective health safety practices available. We are grateful to the *State of New York for setting a high standard on COVID safety. For the planning team at Gay & Sober, that means that we are eager to do what drives us every day: create exceptional guest experiences! You will receive the full GSM Conference/Pride Celebration experience from the moment you arrive.
WESTIN'S COMMITTMENT TO CLEAN
As we welcome you into to our hotel, we are committed to providing you with a safe environment that aligns with expert protocols for working to defeat COVID-19. Consisting of in-house and outside experts in food and water safety, hygiene and infection prevention, and hotel operations, our *Marriott Cleanliness Council is redefining cleaning and safety standards. Marriott will actively monitor and evolve solutions to ensure a continued focus on the health and safety of guests and staff.
For more details, click here.
(*Marriott is the parent company of Westin.)
HEALTH, SAFETY, AND SANITATION
Let's face it...face masks are the new normal. Our team of volunteers and guests are welcomed to wear face coverings while in public spaces - however, it is no longer required. Face coverings will be available at each venue entrance. Additional face coverings will be provided in participant's welcome packet. Face coverings are still mandatory some public spaces throughout the state of New York. All fully-vaccinated guests are not required to wear face coverings while on property at Westin Times Square. Participants that provided proof of a recent negative Covid test, but are still not fully-vaccinated are required to socially distance and wear a mask.
If you are not fully vaccinated and not wearing a mask or a face covering, you will not be allowed into the workshops or meeting venues held at the host hotel. IF you are fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask or socially distance when on or off property. This includes all events on Pride Sunday.
No exceptions will be made to the host hotel's rules of operation.
A team of cleaning professionals will be disinfecting guest areas of the host hotel 24 hours a day. New and enhanced cleaning technologies including electrostatic sprayers are utilized to sanitize surfaces throughout the hotel. Westin is using air purifying systems that are effective against viruses in the air and on surfaces. Door handles, elevator buttons, escalator rails and chairs will be disinfected on a continuous daily basis. Hotel keys and signature pens will be cleaned and sanitized before distribution. Guests will be reminded to use hand sanitizer while in public spaces. There will be hand sanitizing stations throughout the hotel and at all meeting venues. Hand sanitizer dispensers, touch-less whenever possible, will be placed at contact areas such as the hotel lobby, reception areas, restaurant entrances, meeting and convention spaces, elevator landings, and exercise areas.
A bottle of hand sanitizer will also be included in your welcome packet.
We have drastically limited the number of chairs we are using during workshops and meetings. Queuing lines will be clearly marked for appropriate physical distancing in elevator landing areas. No more than four guests will be permitted per elevator. Participants will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least 3 feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines, waiting for elevators or moving around the property. Many physical layouts have been arranged to ensure appropriate distancing. Some of the big nightly meetings are also at outdoor, open-air venues.
CONTACTLESS CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT:
Less Contact. More Convenience.
These are unprecedented times, so Westin is going to unprecedented lengths to welcome you safely. From check-in to check out, they’ve reimagined your stay to reduce contact and increase your comfort. These services are made easy through the Marriott Mobile App. (Marriott is the parent company of Westin.)
GUEST ROOM SANITATION:
Guests will be assigned a room that has been thoroughly cleaned, disinfected. Each guest room will receive a COVID-19 awareness card outlining the health and disinfection steps being taken by the resort. In guest rooms, Westin has added to its detailed cleaning practices, requiring all surfaces to be thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectants. The company will also be placing disinfecting wipes in each room for guests' personal use.
IN THE SUBWAY:
The Subway is running, reliable, and will get you where you need to go. Remember masks are still required when you ride the Subway. Riders who refuse to wear a mask could get a $50 fine. If you need a mask, go to a booth and ask for one. They will give you a free disposable one.
AT THE AIRPORT AND ON THE STREETS:
In New York, wearing masks outdoors is optional. Masks are still a sign of respect to the people around you. Enforcement officers may issue a fine as a last resort. They may first ask you to put yours on, then offer you a free one. If you refuse, you will be subject to a fine and arrest. *UPDATE: effective April 1st, 2021, domestic travelers coming to New York State from other US states and territories will not need to self-quarantine. As of now, international travelers are still mandated to quarantine.
*For full details from the State of New York, click here.
**Please be advised. A risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place or accommodation. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can cause severe illness and death. As an informed participant, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.